Monday, October 11, 2010

Doors


For some years now doors have been one of my favorite photographic subjects. I have shot them with 4x5, 645, 35mm and various digital cameras. The photo above is from the Topkapi palace in Istanbul. It was taken with a Sony a100, Carl Zeiss 16-80 lens. Below are a few of my favorites.



Detail from old door Miami, Az. Taken with Sony a900 and Zeiss 24-70 lens.



Amsterdam door. A100 with Zeiss 16-80.



Santorini door. a100, Zeiss 16-80.



Details on door at Hubbell Trading Post, Ganado, Arizona. Digital camera, unremembered model.



Doors at Aztec Ruins, New Mexico. A100 with Zeiss 16-80.

I am thinking of doing a book of doors. I have a whole bunch more photos of doors. What do you think? Please respond to the poll. Thanks much.

2 comments:

  1. Dublin (IE) is famous for its doors. We'll have to show you some pics sometime.

    I like your collection of doors. I think a book would be a great idea.

    BTW, the last pic of the Aztec ruin reminded both me and Linus of one of the Irish ruins we went to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would buy such a book.
    Maybe two or three (for gifts).

    ReplyDelete